San Diego & Carlsbad, CA
Bio-hazard waste is not only radioactive or hazardous chemical materials. a bio-hazard is defined as “A risk to human health or the environment arising from biological work.”
Human blood, fluids and matter, for example, once outside the body, are considered bio-hazard and hazardous because they contain pathogens (viruses and bacteria) that can cause disease.
What is Considered Bio-Hazard Waste?
- Human blood and blood products in liquid or semi-liquid form and everything saturated with it.
- Human body fluids: Semen, cerebral spinal fluid, amniotic fluid, synovial fluid, pericardial fluid, saliva etc.
- Pathological waste: human tissue, organs, and body parts.
- Microbiological waste: laboratory waste such as discarded specimen cultures, blood and body fluids in lab containers, results of cultures etc.
- Animal Waste: carcasses, body parts and any bedding materials
- Sharps waste: Medical needles, syringes and lancets.
Serving all of San Diego County
The Office of the San Diego County Medical Examiner has developed guidelines to help minimize the health risks associated with the handling and disposal of bio-hazard waste. It includes labeling, packaging, transporting and disposal. The rules are complicated somewhat but Bio1 San Diego the best bio-hazard waste disposal company in San Diego County can help. Call today for emergency services.
What will we do?
Bio1 San Diego services are available for emergencies 24/7 and deal with your needs in a professional and prompt manner.
- We will pack all the waste in clearly marked bags.
- We will clean and disinfect the area.
- We will transport the waste according to regulations.
- We will dispose of the waste in a designated area.
- If odors are present, Bio1 will clean the air and eliminate the smell