Emergency Vehicle Decontamination | San Diego, CA
Emergency vehicles should be thoroughly decontaminated by professionals after each transport. The same is true for personal cars which have been used to transport sick or injured persons, so call Bio 1 San Diego today when you're in need of vehicle decontamination and clean up services.
When blood and other bodily fluids leave the body they become hazardous, in other words a bio-hazard waste. Body fluids may contain pathogens that carry bacteria and viruses and when spread can cause pandemics and disease. That is why the handling of all bio-hazard materials is so tightly regulated. In addition the transport and disposal sites of bio-hazard materials are regulated as well.
Guidelines for Emergency Vehicle Decontamination in San Diego County
Every state has its own guidelines, and California is no different. These procedures set aside by the Federal and State governments should be followed and it is important to mention again that proper decontamination of a vehicle that has been used as an emergency vehicle is a must, for the safety of the owner and the safety of us all. Call Bio 1 San Diego today for emergency services, 24/7.
- Airing the vehicle before starting to clean. This should be done outdoors and away from pedestrian traffic.
- Wearing masks, gloves, sometimes in two layers.
- Clearing and cleaning solid matter.
- Cleaning the whole area with soap and water.
- Cleaning the whole area with disinfectants approved by the EPA.
- Disinfecting areas that didn't come in direct contact with body fluids, but might have been unknowingly transferred there, such as a steering wheel.
- Everything has to be properly bagged and disposed of.
Bio 1 is the Best Decontamination Company in San Diego County
Bio 1 San Diego knows the California guidelines and our professionals deal with them on a daily basis. Bio 1 emergency center is available 24/7, and will answer all your questions and concerns. Working with your insurance company we will do the cleanup work quickly and professionally to allow you to get back to your life as soon as possible.